sábado, 20 de agosto de 2011

Lava bridge

Hi people, and sorry for the the week without updates. I've been busy with stuff not related to Minecraft, so I had little time to devote to playing or testing some ideas I had, and I also have been waiting for the new versions of RedPower and Buildcraft (and trying to make a small and tidy wood farm as automated as possible). Anyway, I decided to make a small video about making a secret bridge to protect your base. Yeah, someone with blocks can laugh at this security measures, but that's what we have xD.

Without more delay, here is the video:

So as you can see, it's a quite wide lava pit (consider the dirt as temporal blocks so I don't have to build an entire castle, pit, etc... XD), and the opening sequence depends on powering two blocks to activate an AND gate that powers a toggle block, and the toggle block activates a variation of the circuit I've been using in the blast doors/secret doors contraptions: a 0.4 seconds delay, an AND gate and an OR gate: the AND gate goes to the upper row (or in the doors, to the central group) of pistons, and the OR gate goes to the bottom row (the side pistons in the doors). It would be possible to add more rows of pistons, but it would complicate the contraption without much real gain.

As for the activation of the bridge (from the outisde of the "castle", that is) I'm using a trick I wathced on a youtube video a while ago that required redstone dust, the Redpower version requires other disposition of the block you want to power (but aside from needing the torch behind the block, you could place it anywhere you want). Also, I used two blocks to be powered, but it would be possible to use from one to whatever number you want (by chaining AND gates), or add self-resetting qualities to the bridge (by putting a clock near the toggle latch that starts ticking when the bridge extends, stopping after reactivating the toggle).

Have fun!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario