jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2011

Censorship day (scroll down to see the link)



Most of you visit this blog from America. While I do not reside there, I am a 100% against censorship, and I find quite shaming for a goverment claiming to protect "freedom" to do things like yesterday's police charge in New York. Words like "No right is absolute", as Mr. Bloomberg said, are quite correct: we lose what we don't protect.

I'm not someone who likes to talk about politics (but I tend to think almost all politicians would be better in the bottom of the sea, with weights attached to their knees...), but let me tell you something: a goverment whose only interest is to remain in the power (or to "have turns" with a second block, leaving every other possiblity without any chance of posing a threat to the status quo) fears freedom of speech; and Internet provides that.

Look at this past month's Middle East revolutions. Internet was used as a way to keep people organized against tyranny. Don't let a handfull of modern "Nobles" play everybody like this was the Middle Ages.

No right is absolute. That means that no right can protect itself- so to let our rights to protect us, we need to protect them.

Edit: As asked, I will keep this post until the censorship bill is dead. I ask you to talk with your friends, neighbours, and eveybody you know. After all, democracy is about the power of the people, isn't it?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario