jueves, 3 de noviembre de 2011

Tale of Kingdoms & off-topic comments

First the off-topic (yeah, I'm that kind of self-centered man XD). I just ended playing the last DLC for Dragon Age 2, Legacy (I got it by error... I thought it was the other one XD) and Mark of the Assasin (the one I really wanted). I have that little mod that allows you to run at twice the normal speed when you are out of combat. It took me little less than 4 hours to end both DLCs (hearing all the dialogues and watching all the movies, but ignoring the sidequests)... The good points is that each DLC has three or four different maps (which is more in % compared with the main game...), some new mechanics have been implemented (I hate the sneaking in MotA... but anyway it's good to see new stuff), and both endgame bosses are scripted (meaning it takes more than 2 minutes to kill them). In fact, the final boss from legacy is quite hard, I had to ress my henchmen three or four times... (yeah, I was playing without controlling them or hitting the pause button XD).
About Tallis (Felicia Day's character), I'd say she is overpowered being able to jump in the introduction! Aside from that, my mage Hawke is more quick killing stuff... XD

Leaving the wall of text and small rant behind, I watched the latest video from Paulosoaresjr, the one devoted to the Tale of Kingdoms mod, and I decided to give it a try.
Good news, it takes no Item ID, and works fine with my heavy-modded version of Minecraft. Meaning you can also check if it works with yours (it's as simple as going here and download the file, place it in your mods folder -I am assuming you have modloader installed, of course!- and play the game), remember to make a backup of the whole game before!

Of course, I doubt the mod is balanced with Industrialcraft or Buildcraft in mind, but it is compatible with Equivalent Exchange (which has the more overpowered items I ever saw), so...

Ah, a small piece of advice regarding the use of the Teleporting Pipes mod (called Advanced Pipes): use always the same frequency distribution. Personally, I use the same frequencies for power and liquids (so if I make a oil refinery, the refinery blocks will get power using the same frequency the oil uses to get into them, namely the #401; or water pumps using the Frequency #200 to get energy, and sending the water using the liquid frequency #200). I reserve the first 20 item frequencies for basic stuff (sorting, send to the grinding machines, or the furnaces, or extracting the rubber, or the compressors, etc...), and from the #21 to the last for specific machinery (for example, #21 is to make pistons, #22 redstone engines, etc...). Oh, I also use the #10 as a storage, and the #1 goes directly to sorting.
This last two means I can go adventuring carrying a teleporting pipe and an obsidian pipe, dial #1 in the teleporting pipe, and start throwing stuff in my sorting system (or dial #10 and send the stuff to a chest, in case it's something I don't have sorted).

I suppose I'll make a video of my base once it's a little more finished (and I will include the map for download, with the itemID file for the ID resolver mod). It will take a while, however.

Have fun!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario