jueves, 22 de diciembre de 2011

Redpower 2 pr4b & Railcraft updates

First the good news: Redpower 2 Prerrelease 4b has been released. It only includes bug fixes (Nikolite and Flax bugs come to mind here). The bad news? It requires a new Forge version (1.2.3) that right now is not "official", just Eloraam's. So be warned that strange things can happen for some mods if they are not ready for Forge 1.2.3 and something they needed has been changed. Also there seems to be another official MCForge 1.2.3... so chaos ensures. Personally, while I don't see anything wrong with what she did in pr3b (just one file updated), I find this release of two versions of the Forge as a mistake on Eloraam's part. Let's hope this get solved soon :S.

Also, Buildcraft 2.2.9 has been released, again only hotfixes have been included.

Finally, I noticed in my latest update of Railcraft (a mod I'm having a look at) that there is a new machine, the Tunnel Bore. So I checked how it works and made one for the lulz.
It doesn't mine Marble by default, but I think you can add it easy enough to the config file.

I know to compare is something a little horrible, but I need to do it between Railcraft and Steve's Carts: Railcraft provides great, well, rails, and two extra minecarts (a tank for BC and a TNT one), and the Tunel Bore (which you can see herein action). However, if you have Equivalent Exchange, then it is quicker to just take the catalytic lens (or the destruction catalyst) and make a large 3x3 tunnel, and then use Steve's Carts to send two waves of minecarts: one that will place rails, and other that will place torches. Sadly, there is currently no way to have both mods, but the authors are working on it.


Edit: I will be out for a few days, but rest assured, I have programmed the release of up to episode 5 (and I am right now enconding a 6 minutes "episode" that I will release on the 3rd of January or so, with a longer show of evrything I'll be playing till now to the 31st of december or so.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario